One of the five Buddhist temples in Bali, Vihara Dharmayana Temple was visited by the 14th Dalai Lama during his visit to Bali in 1982.
Absolute Serenity at Vihara Dharmayana Temple
Vihara Dharmayana Temple is one of the five Buddhist temples in Bali and the only one in Kuta.Though Kuta is known for its vibrant nightlife and traffic frenzy, at this temple you’ll find absolute serenity. Just as any other Chinese Buddhist temple, the main colours are red and yellow, making for a very colourful worship place, one that was visited by the 14th Dalai Lama on his visit to Bali in 1982. The main building of the temple, the “baktisala”, features many rows of colourful lanterns, hanging from the ceiling that is supported by bright red pillars, wrapped by dragons. Other popular Chinese characters, such as lions and more dragons, can be found throughout the temple. In the smaller building, the “Dharmasala”, family prayers take place, and this is also where you’ll find a large wall painting of the largest Buddhist temple in the world; the Borobudur, on the neighbouring island of Java. When visiting the temple, please don’t wear your Bintang shirt, but follow Bali’s proper temple etiquette. You can take photos, but flashlights are not allowed.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
Vihara Dharmayana Temple Entrance Fee
Free of charge*
*Although we aim to keep the information on our website up to date, entrance prices may have changed since we last checked.
Distance to Vihara Dharmayana Temple
- Nusa Dua: 15 km / 30 min
- Kuta: 5 km / 20 min
- Seminyak: 6 km / 20 min
- Sanur: 17 km / 30 min
- Ubud: 28 km / 1 h 25 min
- Singaraja: 87 km / 2 h 48 min
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, such as one of Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.
PPS. All images are reposted from Instagram, with the permission of the owners of the photographs.