Mostly surrounded by calm lake, Ulun Danu Bratan Temple is probably one of the most iconic and scenic temples of the island.
Ulun Danu Bratan Temple
This is one perfectly suited for Instagram. Situated on the west side of Lake Bratan, the UlunDanauBratan temple is probably one of the most iconic and picturesque temples of the island. Most of this directional temples’ base is surrounded by the calm and almost perfectly still lake, giving the temple a unique floating impression. The Bedugul mountain range provides a stunning background for your photos and the thin mist rising from the lake hangs in the air, therewith creating the most Instagram worthy appearance.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
Bali Buddies on Pinterest
The floating temple complex boasts four groups of shrines, one to worship the god Shiva, one for Wisnu, another one for Brahma and last but not least, the fourth group of shrines is built in adoration of the Goddess Danu, to whom the temple is dedicated. Danu in local tongue means “lake” and the Goddess Danu is queen of water, lakes and rivers. Lake Danau is the most important source for the rivers that irrigate the island’s highlands, and often ceremonies are held here to ensure water supply to the Balinese farmers.
Ulun Danu Bratan Temple Entrance Fee
IDR 50,000 per person*
*Although we aim to keep the information on our website up to date, entrance prices may have changed since we last checked.
Distance to Ulun Danu Bratan Temple
- Nusa Dua: 72 km / 2 h 15 min
- Kuta: 58 km / 2 h 05 min
- Seminyak: 55 km / 1 h 50 min
- Sanur: 59 km / 1 h 55 min
- Ubud: 47 km / 1 h 40 min
- Singaraja: 30 km / 55 min
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, such as one of Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.
PPS. All images are reposted from Instagram, with the permission of the owners of the photographs.