This is your chance to explore the cultural heart of Bali by taking a trip up the mountains to the Ubud area.
Ubud & Surrounds
The cultural capital of Bali is Ubud, this area of Bali is considered the centre of arts on the island. It is here that most museums, art galleries, exhibition complexes and other interesting places are located. Therefore, here you will definitely find lots to see and things to do in Ubud.
Table of Contents
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
3-Hour Silver Jewelry Making Class
If you want to make the most of your time and make yourself a gift that will forever remain a memory of the magical island of Bali, then one of the things to do in Ubud is to take this master class in making silver jewellery! You will spend three hours in the company of Ayu, who has known about silver since she was 9 years old from her father, and also bring your idea to life. With the use of 5 grams of silver, you can make whatever you want – earrings, a ring, or a bracelet! Sounds great, right?
- 5 gras of silver
- Snacks (Balinese fried pineapple and fried banana with palm sugar)
- Welcome drink (coffee/tea/water)
- Class certificate
- Pickup and drop-off in Ubud centre
3-Hour Wood Carving Master Class
Want to immerse yourself in the local culture even deeper? Then why not try a wood carving master class, in which you can make a wonderful, memorable souvenir from wood. For three hours, you will not only make an artistic creation but also learn from a local master about the history and significance of this craft. Also, you can bring your kids here for family bonding like no other! Definitely one of the best things in Ubud.
- All tools and materials
- Small snacks (Balinese fried pineapple and fried banana with palm sugar)
- Welcome drink of coffee or tea or water
- Class certificate
- Pickup and drop-off (Ubud centre only)
Monkey Forest, Rice Terrace & Tanah Lot Private Tour
If you want to see more in Ubud but have little time, then this Ubud sightseeing tour is for you as it is all organised and guided, meaning you get to sit back and enjoy. You will start the day with a visit to a local house, plunge into local life, see how people live, and learn a lot of interesting information about their culture. Then, you will go to see the rice fields and terraces, which are considered one of the main attractions in Bali. There you will walk and enjoy the beautiful views.
Later, you will visit a coffee plantation where you will learn about the famous Luwak coffee! Here you can also enjoy the process of making coffee, as well as try other drinks – cocoa, and tea.
This is not the end of your adventure – you will arrive at the Royal Palace of Ubud (Puri Saren Ubud). Built-in the traditional Balinese style, it has been well preserved by his heirs.
After that, your tour will continue to the Sacred Monkey Forest. Locals believe that this is the “God Guard of Dalem Agung Temple”!
End your tour at Tanah Lot Temple, renowned for its enchanting sea views and the best place to watch the sunset at the end of the day.
This tour of Ubud tourist attractions is sure to be a memorable day!
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (selected areas)
- Transportation by air-conditioned private vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Private tour
- All entrance fees
- Local taxes
Bali All Inclusive: Ubud Rice Terraces, Temples & Volcano
At the beginning of this tour you will drive to Mount Batur where you can enjoy a wonderful Indonesian lunch overlooking an active volcano! The next stop will be the sacred temples of Central Bali, you will learn a lot about their symbolism and architectural features.
Of course, how could it be an Ubud tour without a visit to the rice terraces, the Sacred Monkey Forest and the Royal Palace in Ubud! Enjoy your time at these iconic spots before heading to the Arts and Crafts Villages and try your hand at traditional woodcarving.
On the last stop of your tour you will try Luwak coffee and visit a plantation to see how this famous coffee is made. In 9 hours you will see and experience a lot, and you will also learn a lot about Balinese culture!
- Entrance ticket and fees
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Live entertainment
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Infant meals are not included
- Please bring sun cream, a hat and your camera
- Pick up area coverage: Kuta, Seminyak, Tuban, Legian, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Jimbaran, Canggu, Ubud & Candidasa
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, check out Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend Cover-More Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your airport transfer in advance.
- Download the Grab app. It’s your reliable app for transportation, food delivery, and more.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.