Most people will take their phones to Bali and when taking your mobile phone to Bali there are some things to consider before you travel.
You will most likely use your phone in one of the following ways during your trip. And there are some points to consider for each option below.
Use Your Phone as a Camera
- Be sure your “mobile data roaming” is turned off before you land in Bali to avoid coming home with a large data bill.
- If you have international roaming activated on your phone remember that you will be charged for phone calls you answer as well as phone calls you make. For SMS you can read them without charge, but messages you send will be charged at a higher rate
- It is helpful to download apps such as Whatsapp & Messenger to make calls and send messages back home while accessing the free wifi. Whatsapp is a very popular app that is used by almost all Indonesians, this can be helpful to have to communicate with your driver and other service providers.
Get an International Travel Pack for Your Phone
A lot of phone providers are offering International travel packs that can be purchased for your trips.
- Make sure you explore this option before you leave.
- Keep track of your data use in case you go over your limit – International data can be very expensive!
Get a Local SIM Card
- Phone credit and data in Bali is very inexpensive when using a local SIM card.
- You need to make sure your phone is “unlocked” from your service provider before you travel.
- Click here to pre buy an Indonesian SIM and have it delivered to your hotel in Bali.
Get an Indonesia eSIM
You can also get an eSIM to avoid huge roaming bills after your holiday to Bali.
Meet Airalo; the world’s first eSIM store that solves the pain of high roaming bills by giving you access digital SIM cards. You can download and install a digital data pack from over 200 regions in the world. This way, you’ll be connected anywhere in the world the second you land.
Bali Buddies Tips
More Travel Tips
Going on a trip is always a fantastic adventure but better safe than sorry. Having travel insurance that includes coverage for medical bills in Bali is mandatory! It not only is useful against unforeseen medical expenses but also against other travel-related issues, such as the loss or damage of your luggage.