Phones in Bali
Most people will take their phones to Bali and when taking your mobile phone to Bali there are some things to consider before you travel.
You will most likely use your phone in one of the following ways during your trip. And there are some points to consider for each option below.
Use Your Phone as a Camera
- Be sure your “mobile data roaming” is turned off before you land in Bali to avoid coming home with a large data bill.
- If you have international roaming activated on your phone remember that you will be charged for phone calls you answer as well as phone calls you make. For SMS you can read them without charge, but messages you send will be charged at a higher rate
- It is helpful to download apps such as Whatsapp & Messenger to make calls and send messages back home while accessing the free wifi. Whatsapp is a very popular app that is used by almost all Indonesians, this can be helpful to have to communicate with your driver and other service providers.
Get an International Travel Pack for Your Phone
A lot of phone providers are offering International travel packs that can be purchased for your trips.
- Make sure you explore this option before you leave.
- Keep track of your data use in case you go over your limit – International data can be very expensive!
Get a Local SIM Card
- Phone credit and data in Bali is very inexpensive when using a local SIM card.
- You need to make sure your phone is “unlocked” from your service provider before you travel.
- Pre Buy an International SIM before you leave so you have affordable data & calls from the moment you land!
Bali Buddies Tips
More Travel Tips
Commission rates, exchange rates, interest rates, and transaction fees all add up to a common practice of organizing your money while on the road. Withdraw your money from a reliable ATM and, for stays longer than 1 month, open a Wise account to save on currency conversion fees.
And eventually, your vacation in Bali is got to come to an end. Do not sacrifice all of the good times because of serious lapses of memory on travel regulations: check the weight of your suitcases, make your luggage even safer, carry the right amount of liquids in your hand-luggage, and always make a copy of your documents!