If you can afford to travel, you can afford travel insurance. Get protected on your travels by buying a travel insurance in advance. Read more tips in our blog.
If You Can Afford To Travel, You Can Afford Travel Insurance
It’s always surprising when we get asked the question: “do we really need travel insurance?”
While some may not mind taking the risk of losing money if you lose your belongings or need to cancel your trip….. no one wants to be without health care in the case of an emergency situation.
Also, travel insurance that covers treatment in case you test COVID-19 positive during your trip is mandatory if you want to avoid arrival quarantine in Bali. You can read the latest updates here.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
Getting a Bali Travel Insurance is Quick and Easy
The reality in Bali hospitals is it’s payments first, treatments second. Even with travel insurance if you need to be admitted to the hospital, you will be required to pay around a $500 AUD deposit (which is refundable) while they contact your insurance company. Those with no coverage are up for thousands of dollars each day they require hospitalisation.
We get many requests asking us to post about GoFundMe campaigns for tourists who have become ill or who have been in an accident during their holiday and don’t have travel insurance to pay for their treatments.
We also often hear “I can’t afford it”.
It’s this simple, if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel. In our opinion, at the very least you should have medical insurance when travelling. Medical bills can add up very quickly, even for the simplest of treatments. If you pay a little extra for your policy you can get Comprehensive Cover which also covers you for theft, loss, cancellation and natural disasters. Getting insurance is quick and easy!
Bali Travel Insurance: Important Things to Know
- You will only be covered for riding a moped in Bali if you have a license to ride a motorcycle in your home country AND have a current International driving license.
- If you are riding without a helmet, under the influence of alcohol or without a shirt, travel insurance will not cover your claim.
- If you need to go to the doctor/hospital during your stay take a credit card or cash (for a deposit payment) and your a copy of your insurance.
- Leave a copy of your insurance with someone from home and give a copy to those you are travelling with.
- Keep any receipts from receipts/report from out of pocket expenses arising form anything you will be claiming for (eg: medical, travel delays, theft, loss etc).
The Best Travel Insurance for Bali
There are many travel insurance companies that have great coverage. Make sure to check what’s important to you and choose the Bali travel insurance that suits you most.
Not sure where to start? We recommend Cover-More, which you can check out here.
Cover-More also has a special COVID-19 FAQ page, where you can find answers to all your questions related to traveling during a pandemic.
Please don’t travel to Bali without insurance, we hate reading about people who are meant to be having the time of their lives and it turning into a financial nightmare for themselves and their families.
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, check out Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend Cover-More Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
- Prefer to travel light or forgot some travel essentials? Order on Shopee for seamless delivery in your villa or hotel.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.