Taman Saraswati Temple is a beautiful water temple with a large pond filled with blooming pink lotus flowers perfect for a photo opportunity.
Water Temple Taman Saraswati
Right in the heart of Ubud you’ll find Pura Taman Saraswati, a beautiful water temple featuring a large pond filled with blooming pink lotus flowers. The name of the temple is derived from DewiSaraswati, the Goddess of wisdom and arts (the same one as in Gunung Kawi Sebatu Temple). Every six months the Balinese celebrate Saraswati Day; a day to celebrate knowledge, given by God through the beautiful DewiSaraswati. Given its location and its free entrance (during the day) and easy accessibility, we highly recommend you visit this temple when you’re in Ubud. The traditional Balinese architecture and the magnificent lotus filled pond make it an ideal photo opportunity and a nice break from your leisurely stroll through the city. In the evenings, from 19:30 onward, traditional dances are performed here. The best view you’ll get from the terrace of Café Lotus, but do note that a minimum charge of IDR 200,000 applies when dining during the show.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
Taman Saraswati Temple Entrance Fee
*Although we aim to keep the information on our website up to date, entrance prices may have changed since we last checked.
Distance to Taman Saraswati Temple
- Nusa Dua: 45 km / 1 h 40 min
- Kuta: 33 km / 1 h 30 min
- Seminyak: 30 km / 1 h 20 min
- Sanur: 26 km / 1 h 00 min
- Ubud: 0 km / 00 min
- Singaraja: 84 km / 2 h 30 min
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, such as one of Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.
PPS. All images are reposted from Instagram, with the permission of the owners of the photographs.