Taman Ayun Temple is situated in a beautiful park with plants, trees, and ponds. It is home to 50 shrines with iconic terraced roofs.
Taman Ayun Temple – the Beautiful Garden
The Taman Ayun temple is the mother temple of the Mengwi district, approximately 18 kilometres north west of Denpasar, and was originally built so that the local people didn’t have to travel all the way to Besakih temple to pay homage to their gods. Taman Ayun means literally “beautiful garden”. The temple is situated in a beautiful park with plants, trees and ponds, and the actual temple is surrounded by a moat, filled with lotus flowers. To enter the temple, you cross a bridge of this moat and once inside you just follow the paved foot paths. The complex is home to about 50 shrines with the iconic terraced roofs. Note that, while visiting the temple, you ought to cover your knees and shoulders – read more about temple etiquette here.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
Since 2012, Pura Taman Ayun is listed as official UNESCO World Heritage Site, being part of the cultural landscape of Bali. This landscape consists of five rice terraces and their water temples. Pura Taman Ayun is one of these and is regarded as the largest and most impressive complexes of its type in Bali.
Taman Ayun Temple Entrance Fee
IDR 15,000 per person*
*Although we aim to keep the information on our website up to date, entrance prices may have changed since we last checked.
Distance to Taman Ayun Temple
- Nusa Dua: 40 km / 1 h 20 min
- Kuta: 25 km / 1 h 00 min
- Seminyak: 55 km / 1 h 50 min
- Sanur: 20 km / 50 min
- Ubud: 20 km / 45 min
- Singaraja: 63 km / 2 h 00 min
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, such as one of Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.
PPS. All images are reposted from Instagram, with the permission of the owners of the photographs.