Pasar Agung Temple protects the island from evil spirits and is considered the market of the gods. The place is full of power and energy.
Pasar Agung Temple
Located on the southern slopes of Bali’s highest mountain, Mount Agung, the PasarAgung Temple is the starting point of treks to the summit of this 3,033 meters high volcano.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
Pura PasarAgung is one of Bali’s nine directional temples and protects the island from evil spirits. The volcanic landscape around the temple is quite unique, with Mount Agung just north and spectacular views across south and east Bali. From the temple car park, it’s a 20-minute walk to the temple entrance. Considered the market of the gods, this place is full of power and energy and locals still bring offerings and come here to pray.
The PasarAgung Temple is a lot less crowded than the nearby Besakih Temple, but just like in the mother temple, Balinese temple attire is required if you want to enter this worship place.
Pasar Agung Temple Entrance Fee
*Although we aim to keep the information on our website up to date, entrance prices may have changed since we last checked.
Distance to Pasar Agung Temple
- Nusa Dua: 82 km / 2 h 20 min
- Kuta: 76 km / 2 h 15 min
- Seminyak: 76 km / 2 h 20 min
- Sanur: 73 km / 2 h 05 min
- Ubud: 51 km /1 h 50 min
- Singaraja: 93 km / 2 h 55 min
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, such as one of Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.
PPS. All images are reposted from Instagram, with the permission of the owners of the photographs.