One of the few means of public transport in Bali; the Kura Kura bus service connects different parts of the island. Read all about it here.
About Kura Kura
Have you seen the Kura-Kura buses getting around Bali?
Kura-Kura is a new public shuttle bus service operating daily in popular tourist areas of Bali. They currently have 7 bus lines: KUTA, LEGIAN, SEMINYAK, JIMBARAN, PECATU INDAH RESORT (DREAMLAND), SANUR and UBUD.
Each line has a flat fare for a single journey along that particular line, and all lines (excl. Seminyak Line) connect through to their DFS Bus Bay which is located at DFS Galleria in Kuta.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
Kura Kura Bus Fares
Fares start from just Rp. 20,000 for the KUTA / LEGIAN / SEMINYAK lines up to Rp. 80,000 for the UBUD line.
There are 3 types of tickets:
~ Kura-Kura Coin : for a single trip
~ Value Card : pre-loaded smart card which can be used on all lines
~ Day Pass : unlimited travel on all lines, available for 1, 3, 5 & 7 days
Coins can be purchased on board the bus on all lines. Value Cards & Day Passes can be purchased from all Kura-Kura Ticket Booths and on board the bus on certain lines.
The buses only stop at designated bus stops located in popular tourist areas and with easy access to the local attractions, eg. Beachwalk, Seminyak Square, Waterbom, Ground Zero Monument, Puri Lukisan Museum etc.
All of their new buses are equipped with air-conditioning and free onboard WiFi. You can also recharge your devices en route to your next destination, and each child 6 years and under (accompanied by 1 adult) can travel for free! Follow their Facebook page for more information and the latest updates.
Kura Kura Service Map and Schedule
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, such as one of Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.