The mother of all Hindu temple and also considered as Bali’s most important temple complex, Besakih Temple houses 86 temples.
Pura Besakih, the mother of all Hindu temples in Bali, majestically rises on the western slopes of Mount Agung. This temple is considered Bali’s most important temple complex, housing not less than 86 temples, including the largest and most impressive one; Pura PenataranAgung, comprising 22 temples on six rising terraces. You won’t be surprised to learn that Besakih temple is one of Bali’s directional temples. After entering the complex you’ll be instantly amazed by the size of this place. The first terrace is the biggest, but as you go up the views are getting more and more amazing and temples will keep on appearing left, right and in front of you. You just don’t know where to point your camera at anymore.
Like This Post? Pin it!
You can save this page to your Pinterest board for later. Feel free to follow Bali Buddies Blog’s boards and get the latest pin directly from there as well.
During your visit, you can take a guide along to learn more about Pura Besakih and the Balinese culture. Locals are waiting at the parking area, selling sarongs (you must follow proper temple etiquette and wear one when entering this worship place), and they are keen on taking you on a tour in this amazing temple complex. Guides can be very persistent an ungrateful don’t be surprised if they appear disappointed with your tip and ask for more when you’re leaving.
Besakih Temple Entrance Fee
IDR 35,000 per person*
*Although we aim to keep the information on our website up to date, entrance prices may have changed since we last checked.
Distance to Besakih Temple
- Nusa Dua: 70 km / 1 h 50 min
- Kuta: 66 km / 2 h 00 min
- Seminyak: 60 km / 1 h 50 min
- Sanur: 64 km / 1 h 50 min
- Ubud: 43 km / 1 h 20 min
- Singaraja: 80 km / 2 h 15 min
Bali Buddies Tips
- Need accommodation in one of Bali’s top hotels or resorts? Visit Booking.com.
- If you prefer alternative accommodation, such as one of Bali’s stunning treehouses.
- Accidents do happen. In case they happen to you, make sure you have a travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
- Arrive without any hassle, book the Airport VIP Fast Track service and your Bali Buddies airport transfer in advance.
- Book your tours and activities prior to departure with GetYourGuide.
- Need to transfer money without the huge fees then check out Wise.
- Always connected to WiFi? Buy a Skyroam hotspot.
- Ensure your devices are secure with a VPN.
Like This Post? Pin it!
PS. Some links in this blog are affiliate links and if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, we receive a commission. We thank you in advance as it helps to keep this website going.
Bali Buddies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For more information, please visit our disclaimer page.
PPS. All images are reposted from Instagram, with the permission of the owners of the photographs.